Cohousing/Guest Ranch
From: Jeff Buscher (jbuscherblumeng.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:03:32 -0600 (MDT)

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01BFF64E.CDFF3600

Does anyone know of a cohousing community that operates a bed & =
breakfast or guest ranch as part of the community?  Last weekend I went =
to a family reunion at my uncle's guest ranch in Texas.  They basically =
have a common house and 12 cabins.  In addition, they had a 24 stall =
barn, bunkhouse that sleeps 20, swimming pool, hot tub, volleyball, a =
smoke house, an RV park with 20 spots, and a pavilion big enough to seat =
a group of about 100 people at picnic tables.

The ranch is very profitable.  Church groups have dinners there on =
Sunday afternoons.  During the summer, they have several 3 day camps for =
kids.  And they have family reunions on weekends. =20

My uncle and his family work pretty hard to host big groups, but it =
seems like a cohousing community could spread that work between a lot =
more people pretty easily.  I'm thinking of a group of houses on one =
side of the common house for the full time residents with another set of =
houses on the other side of the common house rented out to groups.  It =
seems like the ranch could probably employ a quarter of the residents.

Has anyone done anything like this before?

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01BFF64E.CDFF3600

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type><BASE=20
href=3D"file://C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft =
Shared\Stationery\">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY background=3D"" text=3Dblack>
<DIV>Does anyone know of a cohousing community that operates a bed &amp; =

breakfast or guest ranch as part of the community?&nbsp; Last weekend I =
went to=20
a family reunion at&nbsp;my uncle's guest ranch in Texas.&nbsp; They =
basically=20
have a common house and 12 cabins.&nbsp; In addition, they had a 24 =
stall barn,=20
bunkhouse that sleeps 20, swimming pool, hot tub, volleyball, =
a&nbsp;smoke=20
house,&nbsp;an RV park&nbsp;with 20 spots, and a pavilion big enough to =
seat a=20
group of about 100 people at picnic tables.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The ranch is very profitable.&nbsp; Church groups have dinners =
there on=20
Sunday afternoons.&nbsp; During the summer, they have several 3 day =
camps for=20
kids.&nbsp; And they have family reunions on weekends.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My uncle and his family work pretty hard to host big groups, but it =
seems=20
like a cohousing community could&nbsp;spread that work&nbsp;between a =
lot more=20
people pretty easily.&nbsp; I'm thinking of a group of houses on one =
side of the=20
common house for the full time residents with another set of houses on =
the other=20
side of the common house rented out to groups.&nbsp; It seems like the =
ranch=20
could probably employ a quarter of the residents.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Has anyone done anything like this before?</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01BFF64E.CDFF3600--