Re: Cohousing/Guest Ranch
From: MMM100fold (MMM100foldaol.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:58:42 -0600 (MDT)
In a message dated 7/27/00 1:53:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
floriferous [at] msn.com writes:

<< Operating a community business does indeed change your realtionships so
that
 you rely on each other a great deal more, and might even, Gasp!, share
 income! This notion is perhaps unsettling to the image of cohousing as a
 respectable, middle-class endeavor? >>

Has anyone ever heard the term employee stock ownership.   United Airlines
for instance, this business is owned by the employees.   So they are "sharing
income" because they collectively own the business in which they work.   Just
don't happen to live together, except when they share hotel rooms during
overnights and hang out in staff lounges at airports.

I object to ideologues, those who want to "fix" any phenomena, not with the
intention of  understanding and elucidating but for purposes of exclusion and
orthodoxy.  We shouldn't fail to recognize that while experience is
transferable,  every community's circumstances are unique and original.

Mark Knight
Hundredfold Farm
Gettysburg, PA