Re: Moving-In Transition & Cohousing Crunch
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:19:07 -0600 (MDT)
on 8/1/00 10:03 AM, Becky Schaller at bschaller [at] theriver.com wrote:

> Right now, we have people at all different stages.  Some people sold their
> house six months ago or a year ago and moved into croweded temporary housing
> figuring they would be moving two months ago.  Many families have to move
> now since that is what they had planned to do months ago and there is no
> house for them to move into.  Some people have difficulty celebrating the
> fact that others have been able to move in because they are in a situation
> where waiting to move is very difficult.  There is some level of tension
> about different construction issues.   Of course, the act of  moving carries
> with it a certain amount of stress and a lot of people are having to move
> twice.

A perfect time for the introduction of Cohousing Crunch -- the cure for
whatever ails you:

     2-6 cups oat flakes
    1 cup chopped almonds
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1/2 cup unrefined vegetable oil
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix wet ingredients. Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet and dry ingredients
together. Spread thinly in a shallow baking pan or on a cookie sheet with
high edges. Bake 20-25 minutes at 325-350 degrees, or until lightly browned.
Stir frequently for even cooking.

Cool and serve alone or with milk, fruit, or ice cream.

The higher amount of oat flakes creates a daily tonic for prevention and
mild cases. The lower amount of oat flakes creates a very strong treatment
for serious cases. For terminal cases, add ice cream.

Will cure cohousing induced schizophrenia and catatonia. Also cures gout and
most liver ailments. Good for snake bites. Comes with money back guarantee.
Add raisins at your own risk.

Just the smell of Cohousing Crunch will sell a house to any buyer and calm
the most idealistic board member. To increase aroma over time and distance,
cook at lower temperatures for longer periods of time, or cook in small
batches. To do the whole common house and the neighborhood, double or triple
the recipe and cook all day.

Sharon Villines, Editor
The MacGuffin Guide to Detective Fiction
http://www.macguffin.net
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington, DC
http://www.takomavillage.org