Re: The Cohousing Crunch
From: lilbert (lilbertearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 18:46:10 -0600 (MDT)
> You are embarking on a great adventure - all along in our process we
> likened it to giving birth, and the pushing phase is the hardest. That's
> where you are now. It's difficult, and will remain so while everyone
> gets settled and figures out where they're going to keep everything and
> gets used to having all these people they KNOW around them all the time,
> etc, etc, etc. But it will settle down, and hopefully, it'll be
> wonderful...
>
> Take care, keep us posted.
>
> Denise Meier
> Two Acre Wood
> Sebastopol, California

I had to chime in here, Denise! This is a great metaphor, giving birth. It's
interesting to me that I always felt the pushing part was the easiest- after
days of labor, I was relieved (both times) to finally have something to DO.
I also came into cohousing at the final stage of move-in. The longer term
members were glad to have us -fresh energy for the final push!

We're all designed for different things, and have something to contribute. I
think we should keep that in mind when discussing work, as well.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing