Re: Work vs Pay
From: Kay Argyle (argylemines.utah.edu)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 15:51:00 -0600 (MDT)
> we don't like setting up a situation in which
> the "choice" between working more and paying more is a real choice for
> those who can afford to pay more but not for those who can't. We didn't
> want to encourage creation of a two-tier society where some pay more to
> have others work more. Ours is a particularly mixed-income community,
> but I think the principle applies generally.

How about, anybody can buy out of community work for the price that their
employer has set on their time?  That takes the question of affordability
off the table.

I don't know if this is a brilliant notion or an "equal-opportunity
offender" (that is, it offends everybody for different reasons) ....

Kay
Wasatch Commons