RE: Work vs Pay
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyahomeport.org)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:40:56 -0600 (MDT)
Hi hi,

> I've been in groups that have tried this. How do you value the time of
> people who do not technically have an annual income? Minimum
> wage? Split the
> income of a one-wage family amongst the adults?

One way to do this is to price what it would cost to replace the person's
work, even if they are not paid for it.

So, for example, a stay-at-home mom of 3 kids can figure out what it would
cost to have a qualified professional take care of, cook for, clean up after
her kids, and base her "hourly rate" on that.  (An enlightening exercise for
other reasons, too)

        - catya