Cohousing retreat
From: pase6560 (pase6560pacbell.net)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 22:39:13 -0600 (MDT)

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C00249.E4FE19A0

From:  Sonja Eriksson, Oak Creek Commons, Paso Robles, California

What do cohousers do other than attend business meetings and read and =
send e-mail messages?  Answer:  Go on a retreat.

That's what our group did this last weekend, starting with kayaking in =
Morro Bay on Saturday, then dinner prepared by the Tierra Nueva =
cohousers, and ending with folk dancing -- a great hit with resident =
children.  On Sunday we engaged in team-building exercises and then =
invited our sister community members to have dinner with us.  The eleven =
households from Oak Creek Commons that participated took advantage of =
having a kayak instructor, folk dancers, and a group leader in training =
among our members and associates.  Just imagine the fun we'll have when =
we reach our goal of 31 families!

Thank you, Tierra Nueva, for letting us use your common house and guest =
rooms.

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C00249.E4FE19A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>From:&nbsp; Sonja Eriksson, Oak Creek =
Commons, Paso=20
Robles, California</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What do cohousers do other than attend =
business=20
meetings and read&nbsp;and send e-mail messages?&nbsp; Answer:&nbsp; Go =
on a=20
retreat.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>That's what our group did this last =
weekend,=20
starting with kayaking in Morro Bay on Saturday,&nbsp;then =
dinner&nbsp;prepared=20
by&nbsp;the Tierra Nueva cohousers, and ending with&nbsp;folk dancing -- =
a great=20
hit with&nbsp;resident children.&nbsp;&nbsp;On Sunday we engaged&nbsp;in =

team-building exercises and then invited our sister community members to =

have&nbsp;dinner with us.&nbsp; The eleven households from Oak Creek =
Commons=20
that participated took advantage of having a kayak instructor, folk =
dancers, and=20
a group leader in training among our members and associates.&nbsp; Just =
imagine=20
the fun we'll have when we reach our goal of 31 families!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you, Tierra Nueva, for letting us =
use your=20
common house and guest rooms.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C00249.E4FE19A0--