Pet Policies
From: RowenaHC (RowenaHCcs.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:09:41 -0600 (MDT)
Sorry about the gobbledegook!  I hve this @#$!! email program from Compuserve
which I got stuck with on one of the $400 off the cost of a computer if you
go with Compuserve deals.

As I said, these were proposed at a general meeting but never really
modified/consensed upon because there was a vocal group opposed to any firm
"rules."    However, the dog owners have generally tried to follow the spirit
of the proposal - we have found directly pointing out the occasional load on
the lawn has resulted in improved control - and the dogs are socialized and
friendly to all.  However, the outdoor cats continue to dig in the newly
seeded beds and do their thing!

Of course, we live in a city where there are pooper-scooper and leash laws so
people are used to the concept of not allowing their pets to disrupt the
well-being of others, which makes it easier!    Also since we are a
town-house and apartment unit development things need to be a bit tighter
than in suburban communities.

Rowena
This is excerpted from Cambridge Coho's Handbook

6.5 Pets  -

Policies:

o While members of the community should be able to
enjoy pets, they must take responsibility to ensure
that the pets do not disturb or become a nuisance to
others.
o The neutering or spaying of dogs and cats is
favored, to discourage aggressiveness, smelly
spraying, noisy displays, and attraction of other
animals.
o Cats should preferably be kept inside the owners'
unit, to discourage use of tot-lot and garden areas as
a litter box, to reduce the likelihood of flea
infestations, and limit the potential for spreading
allergens in common indoor areas.
o The number of pets in a unit should be subject to
reasonable limits.
o The keeping of exotic animals and reptiles
(particularly those which are known to spread
salmonella) is discouraged.

Recommended Rules:

o Owners must ensure that their pets do not become a
nuisance or disturb others.
o If pets continue to be a nuisance after the owner
has been notified, the Managing Board will require the
owner to take appropriate action, including getting
rid of the pet.
o No pets are allowed in indoor common spaces, except
when passing through.
o Pets in outdoor common spaces must be on a leash or
otherwise under the immediate control of the owner.
o "Pooper-scooper" rules will be followed on the
property of the condominium.

The community's dog owners have posted Dog Guidelines
in the mailroom. Dog owners would like to encourage
community members that have problems with dogs to
speak directly to the dog's owner. At present the
dog owners in the community are Chris McKay, Richard
and Ann J. Brown, Bill Miller and Jane Detenber, and
John and Marianne Nelson.

6.6 Contact People

Use of common space: Peg Blum

Security: Bill Miller

Parking: Ed Mason

Meals: Susan Sternfeld, Cindy Carpenter

Guest Rooms: Ann Tonachel

HVAC: Bob Melvin, John Nelson, Ling Yi Liu

Design Review: Bob Melvin, Bob Cowherd

Clarity and Resolution: Maddy Littman

Events: Gwen Frankfeldt

Present members of the Managing Board are:

Norma Wassel Chairperson
Jane Detenber Vice Chair
John Nelson Clerk
David Brenner Treasurer