Teen Rooms
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 05:43:04 -0600 (MDT)
Beth at River Rock Commons, in Colorado   beth [at] riverrock.org
is the author of the message below but due to a problem
(posted from address other than subscribed address),
it was posted by Fred the Cohousing-L list manager:  fholson [at] cohousing.org

To get off Cohousing-L, send email with UNSUBSCRIBE COHOUSING-L in the
msg body to:  listproc [at] cohousing.org   Questions? email Fred - addr above

Here at River Rock Commons, in Colorado, we have just completed moving in
(YEAH) and the teenagers are starting to get interested in wanting their own
space in the Common House.  Our basement is mostly unfinished and we will be
building them a room from scratch.  There are four teenagers right now and
four more who will soon be teenagers.

How has your cohousing community handled teen rooms?  How much use has it
gotten?  Have you asked the teens to pay for the use of
electricity/furnishings, had them help build it, et cetera?  Have the
teens had completely free rein, or have they been guided?  Most of all, do
you feel that the teen room has helped to keep the teens part of the
community, or has it fostered their inane talents at completely distancing
themselves from anything to do with adults? :)

peace,
Beth