Re: Homeschooling & other impact issues
From: Kay Argyle (argylemines.utah.edu)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:15:50 -0600 (MDT)
> * how many households live there,
25 households (at Wasatch Commons, Salt Lake City).

> * how many are empty-nesters,
-- Thirteen adult households (childless, empty-nest, or noncustodial
parent).
Excluding three college-age dependents,
-- Seven households with only one child,
-- four with two (with a warm welcome to Grace, b. 9/25/00),
-- one with three.

> * how many of them homeschool,
None.
Most of the elementary-age kids don't attend the local school.  The parents
carpool them elsewhere.

> * how many work from home,
None, so far as I know.  We have three retired residents.

> *and whether or not you think you drive less (and how much less) now =
> that you live in cohousing?
About double.  Always previously I've chosen where to live based on good
public transit, short distance from work, and shopping in walking distance.
 Our location wouldn't qualify on any count.

Nine or ten residents work for the same employer (the university), but
ride-sharing hasn't worked (faculty/staff/medical personnel with wildly
different schedules).

Kay