Re: dinner music?
From: Michael Donovan (editoreventsnews.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 09:54:35 -0700 (MST)
on 12/8/00 7:50 AM, Ed_Stauff [at] avid.com at Ed_Stauff [at] avid.com wrote:
> One of my recurring ideas for cohousing (our development is still in
> the planning stages) is to have *live* music as often as possible
> during common meals.  I love the idea of soft classical or jazz or
> folk music playing while I eat dinner, and I also love the idea of
> giving the musicians in the community a regular opportunity to perform
> for an audience (even if it is "musical wallpaper").  I definitely
> feel that the musician(s) should be located at one end or corner of
> the dining room, so that those who want to listen can sit closer, and
> those who don't can sit farther away.  And no amplification, of course.
>
> How do others feel about this?
>
> -- Ed, Northern Vermont Cohousing

I also have envisioned live music during meals, at least at special meals,
when affordable. Perhaps even selecting music that seems appropriate for the
menu: ethnic performers for ethnic menus, or a harpist for an occasional
sit-down special meal.

Michael Donovan
Village in the City Cohousing
St. Louis MO