RE: Welcome kit
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:31:33 -0700 (MST)
In addition to what you listed I have also seen brief member bio's included
in such a kit, listing things like skills, hobbies and roles. Also I have
seen groups include a "things wanted" list, which includes things like legal
expertise, construction experience, child care help, etc. One story I heard
about this was that a group actually got some good professional financial
advice from a volunteer who  didn't want to be a member, thought the idea
was cool, and was referred to by another person who got the welcome kit but
dropped out.

Rob Sandelin
Community Works! http://www.ic.org/nica/cw1.htm