Re: Effect on surrounding property values
From: Berrins (Berrinsaol.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 21:38:17 -0700 (MST)
In a message dated 12/13/00 4:57:27 AM, baresch [at] earthlink.net writes:

<< I doubt this'll be a problem for the rezoning, but it could be a source of
friction in a few cases. About half of the neighboring houses are
owner-occupied, and this isn't a rich area; ours will be by far the
priciest residences on the block.

So I guess my question is: Will the effect on surrounding property tax
levies be enough to be troublesome for the neighbors? And what should we
say when people ask about it? Anyone have experience with this issue? Other
thoughts?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Brian Baresch
Delaware Street Commons
Lawrence, Kansas
www.delaware-street.com >>

Just a thought; does the value of each home include a share of the Common
House and common lands?  If so, then the value of just your house alone won't
be as high, and may bring it more into line with the rest of the
neighborhood.  The local tax assessors will hopefully take this into
consideration when re-evaluating the existing houses in the neighborhood.

    -Roger Berman
      Pathways
      Northampton, MA