Policy on Cancelling Meetings
From: Becky Schaller (bschallertheriver.com)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 09:26:10 -0700 (MST)
One of the issues are community is looking at right now is developing a
policy on cancelling meetings.  This is the result of a meeting being
recently cancelled which almost everyone, if not everyone, thought was
inappropriately done.

Questions we are looking at are, How far in advance should this decision be
made?  How do we make sure that everyone is notified that the decision is
being considered?  Not everyone reads their email every day.  Email,
Face-to-face, Notice on bulletin board, Phone Calls??  Does everyone who
responds have to agree that it's ok to change the meeting?  Do a few people
then consider all the information they have and then report the decision
back to the group?  Is a policy on this subject really desirable?

So I'm asking for input about what kind of policies about cancelling
meetings other groups have adopted.

As our community changes from being a scattered community to a gathered
community, I'm finding the resources of this listserve immensely helpful.

Becky Schaller
Sonora Cohousing
Tucson, Arizona
Where our units are all sold, almost everyone has moved in, and construction
is in the almost final stages.