Re: Policy on Cancelling Meetings
From: lilbert (lilbertearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 10:52:06 -0700 (MST)
I would need more information on this before I'm sure my reply makes sense.
Why are meetings being cancelled on short notice? Lack of a quorum? Lack of
issues?

We decide when meetings are going to be at general meetings and nowhere
else. People are expected to either know what's going on or trust the rest
of the group to handle the decision. I don't think we've ever cancelled a
meeting for lack of attendance, but agendas have been changed at the last
minute because we didn't have a quorum. If you are canceling meetings, you
shouldn't be. If there are not enough people, you're either having too many
meetings or your process needs work.

I would be furious if a meeting I planned on attending were cancelled. Even
if everyone finds out ahead of time, people plan whole weekends around
meetings. It's not fair to cancel. IMO, email, phone and bulletin board
would all be insufficient.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing