Re: Design-Build & Takoma Village
From: cjsheehan (cjsheehanjuno.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:36:07 -0700 (MST)
At Sonora Cohousing we worked with a developer (Wonderland Hill), our
homes are attached townhome style.  We had two "options" list; our A
option list consisted of upgrades that would be in ALL the houses (such
as cellulose insulation, thicker sheetrock, high efficiency AC and water
heaters, etc), our B list was upgrades that could be done on a house to
house basis (cabinets, flooring, lighting).  We had a project manager who
was also our site super and a future resident (too many hats, not
recommended).  But each unit type had a resident rep. who met each week
with the builder, project manager and all reps. who then reported back to
the community.  This was our CIT (construction interface team), and we
had a protocal for residents if they had an issue with their house during
construction.  First contact your unit rep, who would pass it on to the
project manager if the rep didn't know the answer.  Using this system the
contractor didnot get bothered with the miniutia and day to day
construction issues.

Jenny Sheehan
Sonora Cohousing
Tucson, Arizona