Re: Natl Coho (not the fish) Day
From: Dennis Jay (denjayerols.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 20:32:00 -0700 (MST)

------=_NextPart_000_007F_01C06B9C.47D22B00

One of the gimmicks I've used to promote National (Whatever) Day is to =
get a Congressperson to submit glowing remarks into the Congressional =
Record, and then use copies of it in press packets to the media. It =
gives the event instant credibility.

I'm not currently friendly with anyone in this Republican Congress, but =
if anyone has any contacts, I'd be glad to draft remarks for insertion.

Congress has tightened up on declaring "National Days" because it has =
been abused a lot, but it's fairly easy to get it done by governors if =
you have sufficient lead time.

Let's set a date and do it.

- Dennis Jay
Chesapeake Cohousing
Annapolis, MD

------=_NextPart_000_007F_01C06B9C.47D22B00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One of the gimmicks I've used to =
promote National=20
(Whatever) Day is to get a Congressperson to submit glowing remarks into =
the=20
Congressional Record, and then use copies of it in press packets to the =
media.=20
It gives the event instant credibility.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm not currently friendly with anyone =
in this=20
Republican Congress, but if anyone has any contacts, I'd be glad to =
draft=20
remarks for insertion.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Congress has tightened up on declaring =
"National=20
Days" because it has been abused a lot, but it's fairly easy to get it =
done by=20
governors if you have sufficient lead time.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Let's set a date and do =
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>- Dennis Jay</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chesapeake Cohousing</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Annapolis, =
MD</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_007F_01C06B9C.47D22B00--