Re: National Coho Day
From: MartyR707 (MartyR707aol.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 12:15:44 -0700 (MST)
In a message dated 12/22/00 5:13:28 PM, cohousing-l [at] freedom2.mtn.org
writes:

>One of the gimmicks I've used to promote National (Whatever) Day is to
>=
>get a Congressperson to submit glowing remarks into the Congressional =
>Record, and then use copies of it in press packets to the media. It =
>gives the event instant credibility.
>
>I'm not currently friendly with anyone in this Republican Congress, but
>=
>if anyone has any contacts, I'd be glad to draft remarks for insertion.

We here at Two Acre Wood have an excellent relationship with Congresswoman
Lynn Woolsey, also some contact with Congressman Mike Thompson.

Also, we might consider doing it state by state - get State Declarations.  I
have a close friend in the CA Assembly that would probably do it - she loves
our community.

Marty Roberts
Two Acre Wood
Sebastopol, CA   where we have had three parties in the last week:  Christmas
party, Solstice party, Hanukkah party.  We found it worked much better than
trying to moosh them all into one party.  However, I am now close to partied
out - and that's alot for a Leo like me!!