Re: Gender roles
From: MartyR707 (MartyR707aol.com)
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 22:45:54 -0700 (MST)
In a message dated 12/29/00 8:12:39 PM, lilbert [at] earthlink.net writes:

>The men who have written *have* been defensive,
>and I'll repeat what I wrote to one of them privately before: none of the
>women have written to say that I'm out of line.

Not true - I was the first to write and say that men regulary and willingly
do clean-up here at Two Acre Wood.  If I think about it, I think it is
heavily more males that do it.  Of course women do more of the cooking (not
all by any means), but I think that is because they prefer cooking to
clean-up - I know I do!

On the other hand we had an absolutely scrumptious Indian dinner tonight
cooked by two men who worked on it all day - fabulous!

Marty (aka Martha!) Roberts
Two Acre Wood