"Latchkey" kids in community
From: Sunshine Oakmeadow (hippiemomsyahoo.com)
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 12:31:44 -0700 (MST)
Do any of y'all have families in your communities
where the kids are pretty much latchkey kids?  I'm
looking for ideas of ways that other communities have
dealt with this.
By "latchkey" I mean that the kids are often left at
home without a parent/sitter/contact person.  Also
inherent in my use of the word is that the kids would
be left to pretty much do as they would without
parental guidance when they are in community, i.e. at
meals and events.
How do y'all work with this?
Thanks!