Re: Gender differences and filters to joining
From: Catherine Harper (tylikeskimo.com)
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 19:00:33 -0700 (MST)
On Fri, 29 Dec 2000 lilbert [at] earthlink.net wrote:

> (Yeah, I *know* what those houses cost-you're dreaming if you think
> you're middle class!)

So what is middle class, anyway?  And across how broad of a spectrum do
you measure it?  It occurs to me that in area where I reside (not to far
from sharingwood), being able to purchase a home might not coexist with
many definitions of middle class (not because of home ownership per se,
but because of the high price of housing).

(I'm not, by the way, going to make any claims to being firmly in the
middle class or something like that.  Increasingly, I don't know what that
means...  I think I knew what it meant when I was a kid, but that might
only have been the illusion of childhood.)

                                Catherine