Benefits of Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 09:04:48 -0700 (MST)
A comment prompted by Cheryl Charis-Graves New Year's resolution to be more
gentle in her assessment of herself and others.

In this age of distended extended families, it becomes very easy to have
personal contact with only those in your age group. In just a few weeks of
actually being moved-in, I'm been watching people in a variety of younger
age groups cope with the chaos.

This has helped me reassess life--and be less hard on myself. I often wonder
why I was such a dunce at 25, or 35, or 45 to make certain decisions or not
take certain opportunities.  It helps to see that when I was 25, or 35, or
45, I was doing the best I could do given all the stresses one has at 25,
and 35, and 45. It also feels so good not to have those stresses anymore and
to be able to help others through them. Things that were so hard when I was
younger are so easy now. Amazing.

Sharon Villines
In Washington, DC where all roads lead to Casablanca
Takoma Village Cohousing
http://www.takomavillage.org
http://www.cohousing.org