cohousing communities with security gates
From: Mary E. Faccioli (LIBMEFlangate.gsu.edu)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 08:19:23 -0700 (MST)
Hello kind people,

As I understand it, many cohousing communities have been developed in
transitional urban or suburban neighborhoods, or in urban or suburban
neighborhoods that are charictarized by factors such as higher crime, lower
income, racially/ethnically diverse populations, etc.  I am interested in
collecting data on the number of cohousing communities in this kind of
neighborhood (as opposed to an affluent neighborhood or rural area), and am
specifically interested to know how many in this situation have chosen to put
up a security gate around their community.   If folks wouldn't mind sending me
(off-list, and I can summarize if there's interest) information about their
communities in this regard, or any other relevant stories about discussions,
issues, etc. you've had in your communities related to this topic, I would be
grateful.  Also if anyone knows where information like this has been collected,
this info would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mary Beth Faccioli
East Lake Commons
Atlanta, GA