play structures
From: Woods-Eliot (eliotteleport.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:21:25 -0700 (MST)
When looking for climbing equipment on the internet, I came across
this article:

http://www.bpfp.org/PlaygroundDesign/NoMoreCookieCutter.htm

It's called "No More Cookie Cutter Parks" and it's about successful
neighborhood parks vs those which are not used.  The author advocates
that each park be unique and designed for the neighborhood and
location, but also includes some of the key elements that he feels
kids will use and love.  He addresses teenagers and handicapped kids
as well as the 3-7 age group.  I found it very inspiring.

Katherine
Portland Oregon (avid cohousing watcher)
--

The Woods-Eliots
Portland, Oregon, USA
eliot [at] teleport.com