Re: management companies
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 07:43:31 -0700 (MST)
> I just want to make a quick statement that there are many groups who do all
> this themselves, and do a fine job. It all depends on whether you have the
> people who want to do it or not. It can definitely be done without hardship.

But don't you think it makes a difference how many units are in the project
and whether it is free standing homes or condominium units where all the
outside space, garbage removal, snow removal, etc., are the responsibility
of the home owners association?

With 43 units, (from one bedroom units to 4 bedroom townhouses with
basements) we have two trash removal and recycling companies (one big for
the dumpster and one small for recycling and "objects") and still can't keep
up with the trash. We are new so it may not be a good example, but running
this place without a management company to do all the walks and walkways
when it snows, keep up with all the complex payment and mortgage
requirements, warranty guarantees, and insurance issues makes my mind
boggle.

Sharon Villines, Editor
The MacGuffin Guide to Detective Fiction
http://www.macguffin.net