Re: size and management companies
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 06:42:17 -0700 (MST)
> continue to do our trash and recycling.  However, there are enough people
> who feel strongly that once we give up everything to the management company
> we are on the slippery slope of becoming "just another condo" - so we keep
> doing it ourselves.

It seems that there are so many things we like doing together and hope to
accomplish together that getting up at 6:30 to shovel snow or pick up trash
so we don't get fined, is not one of them. Trash strews itself without any
help from anyone and no one can even predict the snow, much less make it
stop or set it for noon.

Our lawyers (residents) are also adamant that we have less liability if we
have a management company to deal with various things.

Sharon Villines
In Washington, DC where all roads lead to Casablanca
Takoma Village Cohousing
http://www.takomavillage.org
http://www.cohousing.org