Cohousers interested in other Groups?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 09:37:53 -0700 (MST)
>> I would  love to see a couple of cohousing groups  work out an exchange
>> system, but given my experiences, I am doubtful that it will actually
>> happen. Once people move in, the majority seem to lose all interest in
>> anything but their own place.

This could be viewed as short sightedness or self-centeredness on the part
of cohousers but in one sense it is essential to the desire to become a
cohouser in the first place.

My desire is to simplify my life by focusing it socially as well as
economically and geographically. I also make social and economic choices to
support my work in research and writing. Taking on more than one group is
not the work of my life. I suspect other cohousers not only feel the same
way but that is why they chose to live in cohousing. We all have limits.

Sharon Villines
In Washington, DC where all roads lead to Casablanca
Takoma Village Cohousing
http://www.takomavillage.org
http://www.cohousing.org