Re: Sharing activities: Was size and management companies
From: Racheli&John (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:10:32 -0700 (MST)
** Reply to note from floriferous [at] msn.com Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:50:42 -0600
>From Racheli

I agree that a group should prioritize what they
want to do with their time - as a group.

I would like, though, to suggest that doing things
for ourselves (as opposed to hiring someone to do
it for us) can be a source of satisfaction.
One of the major ways to determine what should be
done in-house, is to find out whether there is a
person, or persons, who are interested in doing
the particular job in question.  If a group has
someone who just loves doing accounting-type
work (don't ask me why :)) then there is no reason
to hire someone to do it.  If everybody hates to do
this sort of stuff, then it might make sense to pay
to get the job done.

R.