Workshops
From: mark (markbellinghamcohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 19:59:42 -0700 (MST)
Hi Folks:

We at Bellingham Cohousing finally have a functional workshop....not
that anyone's had time to use it much.  We were wondering what other
groups have thought, done or negotiated regarding power tool use by
the young 'uns.  We've got some teenagers who'd like access to
potential amputators of fingers (tablesaws, chopsaws).  Under what
circumstances, if any do you allow them to use these sorts of tools?

We wondered particularly what you've done about insurance issues;
currently all the tools in the shop are privately owned but available
for use by members.  Before we alert our own insurance agents to the
situation we were hoping for some advice.

Thanks much.

Mark