Sunday: Boston Globe article / listserv update
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 05:41:52 -0700 (MST)
This message is again being sent to Cohousing-L subscribers direct while
the list is down (see more below).

Diane Simpson of Boston <coho [at] world.std.com> writes:

"The Boston Sunday Globe has an editorial feature section that runs every
other week called "The Big Idea." This coming Sunday's topic is "The
Search for Community." The feature will include an article about Cohousing
as one of the many manifestations of this search. Be on the lookout for it
Sunday March 4."

--------------------- LISTSERV UPDATE --------------------------
Progress is being made toward getting Cohousing-L up at the new server.
The " [C-L] "  tag on this message was manually added...

I addition to moving the Listserv I have decided to move the
(sorry for the tech terms...) Domain Name Service (DNS) for cohousing.org
as well.  That process is underway and should also be "transparent"
(no visible affect on how things function) but it is possible there might
be a few temporary glitches in mail to addresses at cohouaind.org or
brosing www.cohousing.org.

FUNNY RELATED STORY

In the process of moving the DNS, I discovered that it had actually
expired in mid Feb 2001 but I did not remember seeing a renewal notice or
bill. It seems that the (paper) renewal notice to took a detour to
Mangolia!

Apparently the abbreviation for Minnesota (MN) had mistakenly gotten into
the country code field in the DNS records and the country code for
Mangolia is also "MN" .  And only computers with no common
sense noticed :)

Fred,  Cohousing-L list manager and cohousing.org admin. contact

Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)