Fw: Calling all coho slogans, mottos and rallying cries
From: pattymara (pattymarajuno.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:54:01 -0700 (MST)

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: pattymara [at] juno.com
To: cohousing-l [at] freedom2.mtn.org
Cc: joani [at] swansway.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:40:09 -0800
Subject: Calling all coho slogans, mottos and rallying cries

Dear List,
I have accepted the conference planning team's challenge to
create a shirt design for the North American Cohousing Conference, in
Berkeley, July 20-22.  I am posting this call for slogans, mottos and
rallying
cries with the hope that our group mind can work together to find the
perfect words which I will illustrate for a stunning shirt to be sold at
the
conference.

Here are some ideas to prime the pump:
        Cohousing Builds Dreams
        Building Community, One Neighborhood at a Time
        Come Home to Cohousing
        Building Our Future On Common Ground
        Won't You Be My Neighbor?  Ask Me about Cohousing.
        Cohousing Connects Hearts
        Cohousing:  The Next Decade

Here's a phrase from a shirt seen somewhere:
"How can thou love thy neighbor if thou doest not know thy
neighbor?".

If your entry is accepted as the official slogan, motto or rallying
cry for the design, you will be awarded a free shirt in your size!

Send your ideas to me, and I will collect them all and make them
available to the list upon request.  In addition to finding the perfect
phrase for our shirts it will also be a fine way to gather together good
phrases for publicity and marketing.

Coheartedly,
Patty Mara Gourley
pattymara [at] juno.com
Tierra Nueva Cohousing, Oceano, Central CA Coast
 Where big clouds are scudding across the sky in between rainstorms,
avocados are blowing off the trees,  Frank is prepping salad for
tonight's Pizza Night in the common house, and all I have to do  is
show up. Sigh.

mmm.