Coho Slogans
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:44:02 -0700 (MST)
> I have accepted the conference planning team's challenge to
> create a shirt design for the North American Cohousing Conference, in
> Berkeley, July 20-22.  I am posting this call for slogans, mottos and
> rallying
> cries with the hope that our group mind can work together to find the
> perfect words which I will illustrate for a stunning shirt to be sold at
> the
> conference.
>
> Cohousing Builds Dreams
> Building Community, One Neighborhood at a Time
> Building Our Future On Common Ground

I like the ones that include "building" because the architecture of the
community is what defines cohousing as distinct from other intentional
communities.

And by "architecture" I mean all that is involved in architecture --
planning together, being physically and economically (not ideologically)
structured as a community, making contracts together, structuring private
and shared spaces, etc. It isn't what color the walls are that defines
"building" or "architecture" but the spatial structuring of relationships
and the actual getting of the thing built.

"Building" has so many nice meanings.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org