continuing adventures in retrofit land
From: Sanda Everette (sandasmcpacbell.net)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 19:47:01 -0700 (MST)
Well, since we last spoke we have our first newspaper story about us.
The only total inaccuracy is that he kept talking about six people, not
six apartments...with a total of 14 people.  It is in the March 2, 2001
issue of a small local paper, the San Mateo Daily Jouranl.  It is
available on line at http://www.smdailyjournal.com/ and then search
their archives for that date.  I generally said what he recorded but,
out of context, some of it is a bit weird. I wonder if anyone from the
city will read the piece?? It wasn't very favorable to their level of
support for us.  We did make sure we renewed our chicken permit in case
they did...probably the least of our worries.

We have gained new members in the past few moments with past experience
with and commitment to both community and gardening.  We are still a
community of renters (except us) and still waiting to purchase that
second building.
--
Sanda and Brian Everette
http://www.wordrunner.com/sanda

San Mateo Cooperative Community
http://www.wordrunner.com/sanda/smcc.htm
Toward a sustainable lifestyle:
grow some of your own food and/or know the gardener who is growing it.