Stereotypes
From: Racheli&John (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:15:01 -0700 (MST)
** Reply to note from "Brian Baresch" <baresch [at] earthlink.net> Fri, 09 Mar
2001 13:47:20 -0600
>From Racheli

> >Perhaps younger people are not so sensitized to the image of a bunch of
> >drugged up hippies dancing around all day with flowers in the (long,
> >unwashed) hair having sex with anything living, several times a day. But
> >too
> >many people still think that is what any form of community living is.

Personally, I like the words: community; communal; and cohousing
(because it contains the word "community").
If the word "community" scares some people, because they hold on
to entrenched stereotypical notions, then we should attempt to educate
them instead of shying away from the subject.

R.