RE: Means and end
From: Jason Stirnaman (j.stirnamangte.net)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 11:43:03 -0700 (MST)
Michael,
You brought me out of lurking.  My wife and I have been wanting to get
involved in a cohousing community for sometime.  We've recently decided (for
various reasons, but definitely not financial) to stay here in Columbia,
Missouri and we see a long road ahead to organizing a group of potential
"cohousers."  Our main purpose would be seeking to honor God by living in
community, sharing, and worshipping together as well as being concerned with
the needs of those who live around us.  I don't think we would turn away
non-Christians as long as they shared a vision of community, but they would
certainly have to be o.k. with our purposes.

I think Catya is probably right in that most groups with a spiritual focus
probably refer to themselves as communities and not cohousing.  One example
is JPUSA in Chicago and there is another in Oakland, CA I believe.

Jason