Re: Image fear/stereotypes
From: Michael D (ohanamdearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:34:03 -0700 (MST)
> I am a big-time "fringe hippie"...I
> missed the big war demonstrations in Washington D.C. and Woodstock but was
> involved in other countercultural type events....still have my "McGovern
in
> 72" button somewhere...and now am a member of the Green Party.

I'm smiling, Diane.  I still kick myself sometimes for deciding not to go to
Woodstock.  I didn't go to the big Washington, D.C., anti-war demonstration
in, I think it was, November, 1969, because I was under indictment at the
time for refusing induction.  I was in many demonstrations, though -
anti-war and civil rights.  I was one of McCarthy's kids in 1968, and yes,
I'm a Green now.

Much of my life (including my participation in the Heart Song Community) is
still my attempt to refine and put into practice many of the same values I
espoused when I was that fringe hippie of the past.

Michael