Re: Image fear/stereotypes
From: Michael D (ohanamdearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:35:01 -0700 (MST)
> In my experienced opinion, people who are so afraid of communes that they
> stop listening, will NEVER be involved in any cohousing project anyway. So
> worrying about them is a waste of your time.
>
> Rob Sandelin
> Who regularly does workshops for communes, coops, group houses, cohousing
> groups, and even, dare I say it? A sex clinic.

I'm getting a sense that you and I have a lot in common, Rob.  I also do
workshops for a variety of kinds of groups (as well as other work).  Is
there something unacceptable about doing workshops for sex clinics?  I've
taught Human Sexuality in an M.A. Psych. program.

And I agree that trying to convert fearful people to effective community
members is a waste of time - until they commit to transforming their fear in
the context of community.

Michael