FW: Cohousing - Bay Area
From: Eileen McCourt (emccourtmindspring.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 12:58:01 -0700 (MST)
Came to me instead of the list...

--eileen

Eileen McCourt
Oak Creek Commons
Cohousing in Paso Robles, CA
emccourt [at] mindspring.com
phone 650-691-1195
fax      650-691-0195

-----Original Message-----
From: George Marx [mailto:gmarx [at] jps.net]
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 11:10 AM
To: emccourt [at] mindspring.com
Subject: Cohousing - Bay Area

Betty,  I wish you luck!

>I need info. regarding established, or currently forming cohousing
communities in CA, pref. within 2 hrs. of San Francisco region....Looking to
relocate.

Affordable - and available are two Huge Issues re: cohousing - particularly
around here!

We live in a 3 bedroom townhouse - where our son can go to public schools -
condo - Not Luxury - but safe - not a "rich" community.   We are fortunate
to have bought 4 1/2 years ago - now to rent our unit would be at least
$2000/month.

Buying into an available cohousing community around this area - Oakland-San
Francisco - IF you could find a vacancy - would be at least $250-350,000.
I doubt that this is affordable for you, though I don't know you.

I don't know the housing prices in Davis - or availability - it might be
cheaper - there is an infill - studenty neighborhood community - N Street I
think it is and a more suburbany cohousing community - also - it's about 60
minutes from San Francisco - also Sacramento - has one community.

Vacancies - I'd doubt!

Paso Robles - Is by far the best option for availability and
"affordabililty" by California standards - it is about 3 1/2 hours from SF
though.

Good Luck!

George Marx
Alameda, California

Ideal situation is a diverse group of people in an affordable
community that's close to work, school & culture opportunities. PLS. HELP!!!
Thanks,
Betty
bettysilber [at] aol.com