Re: When world(view)s collide
From: Andrea Schulz (schulzaCWS.CO.Santa-Clara.CA.US)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:56:01 -0700 (MST)
Hi Howard,
Which group has the kids?  Or are families with kids equally divided between
the two groups?  My first guess is that group 1 has kids, and group 2
doesn't have kids.  If this assumption is accurate, then I might define the
issue as group 1 wanting to spend money/resources/space on their kids and
group 2 not wanting to spend money/space/resources on something that will
not directly benefit them.  In this case, maybe a compromise could be
reached if the group could offer to provide space, and the families who
would use the space could provide the money/resources to build the
structure.  That might be more equitable than asking the whole group to pay
for something that everyone will not be able to benefit from.
Andrea Schulz