Re: When world(view)s collide
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:26:01 -0700 (MST)
> Any ideas?  I'm not interested in hearing that "group 1 is right" or
> "I agree with group 2".  I want some way to begin synthesizing both
> viewpoints into something we can all live with.

Ask the kids. Kids cut right through stuff like this. They know who is in
the park and who isn't and what the kids do anyway when their parents aren't
looking.

I would ask all the kids, not just the ones affected.

I once spent over an hour with a friend who was negotiating a child custody
agreement -- what's best for the kids? My son was very impatient because
lunch was late. When the phone call was over, I apologized and explained why
it was  important that I finish the phone call.

He said, "You should have put me on. I know all about this stuff." At the
age of 10, he went on to explain to me what works and what doesn't and what
you have to be careful about. His friends talk about it all the time.

Ask the kids.

In Washington DC where all roads lead to Casa Blanca