RE: Letting unresolved conflict "rest"
From: Racheli&John (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:04:01 -0700 (MST)
** Reply to note from "Rob Sandelin" <floriferous [at] msn.com> Thu, 22 Mar
2001 21:32:10 -0800

Rob also wrote (in part):

> Sometimes conflicts and differences can not be resolved and they simply must
> rest for a time.

I very much agree with this.  I think that if we take the time, it often helps
us let go of an over-attachment to a specific outcome.  Something which
seemed impossible (or completely necessary) at one point, might not
seem so vital later on.
Another thing that might happen is that while we don't concentrate
(with our conscious minds) on a given subject, some work may still
be done at other levels, so that when we get back to it - new ideas
will "miraculously" appear.
Which means that people need to have *patience*, and not feel that
leaving things unresolved (and decisions unmade!) is necessarily
bad, or a sign of failure.  This is often a tall order - especially for those
who are convinced that they are "right",  and/or are overly task-oriented.

R.