Cohousing developer wanted in Asheville, NC
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:38:01 -0700 (MST)
Hi all -

Asheville, NC, is advertising for a developer with cohousing experience.  The
city has a decent sized parcel of land on which they would like someone to
develop a cohousing neighborhood.  Because the land was acquired with CDBG
(Community Development Block Grant) funds, this will be a mixed-income
neighborhood.

I'm not sending the attachments referenced in the city's message - if you want
them, email me and I'll send them. Or contact the city directly.

Once you have the files, please follow up with Charlotte Caplan (contact info
below) if you are interested in bidding to become the developer for this
project.

Jessie Handforth Kome
HUD North Carolina State Office and
Eno Commons, Durham, NC

"Dear Jessie and Ann [Zabaldo],
I have completed and (yesterday) advertized locally our request for proposals
for a cohousing development.  Attached are the text of the advertisement, a
flyer with very similar text, and the full text of the RFP (12-pages).

I would be very grateful if you could put the word around your contacts, and,
Ann, I would like to get something out on the cohousing network website
and the journal.  Could you remind me how best to do this?

If you give anyone the text of the RFP, please encourage them to contact me to
let me know they are working on it, so we can get back to them in case anything
changes (e.g. an extension of the deadline).

Charlotte

Charlotte Caplan
Community Development Director
City of Asheville
PO Box 7148
Asheville NC 28802
Tel: (828) 259-5723
Fax: (828) 259-5428
e-mail:  charlottec [at] mail.ci.asheville.nc.us"