Re: One home left !! / Compose better messages
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:38:01 -0700 (MST)
On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Sharon Villines sharonvillines [at] prodigy.net wrote:

> Kate wrote:
> > Come see glorious Bellingham Cohousing as the trees and flowers start to
>
> And which Bellingham would this be? England? South Africa? Washington?
> Massachusetts? Virginia? Two blocks north of Main?

Washington State, USA

Kate did give their web page URL for more info but had a typo - it should
have been:

http://www.bellinghamcohousing.org

Tho cohousing-L messages tend to be pretty high quality, I offer these
tips to ...

Compose better messages

I strongly encourage including relevant web page addresses in
messages to Cohousing-L to allow readers to find more information.

However:

When posting a message with a web address in it put the complete
URL including the "http://"; stuff in the message. For some mailers
this will make the address a link and make it a link and therefore one
click away.  This make it much more likely folks will follow it.
The similarly the address as viewed by some browsers in the archives
only becomes a link with the "http://";.

Of course, you should also take care to get the address correct.
Spell checking the text of the message is a good idea also - I am
constantly amazed to discover tpos I've let slipp thru...

Also on the topic of composing better messages...

Take great care in composing the subject line.  It is the most often read
part of your message.  If you are replying, consider whether the topic has
changed.  If it has changed significantly you may want to modify or
change the subject line however since the subject line is used to
find related messages ("a thread") dont change it needlessly.

Lastly, please remember to sign your message and maybe give your community
or location.

Thanks,

Fred cohousing-L list manager who envies Kates getting back to Denmark

Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-detail.htm