affordable cohousing and community land trusts
From: amanda huron (amandahuronhotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 19:17:01 -0600 (MDT)
Hello, my name is Amanda Huron and I am a masters student in urban planning. I am researching how cohousing can be developed in a way that is affordable to lower-income people. Specifically, I am working with a non-profit housing develpment corporation that is interested in developing cohousing as part of their community land trust. What have folks out there done to try to make their cohousing communities affordable to a wide range of incomes? Have you worked with city agencies or non-profits? Does anyone have experience in developing cohousing on a community land trust?

Please e-mail me directly, at huron [at] unc.edu. I greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,
Amanda