Re: Australian house prices etc
From: Robyn Williams (poviinet.net.au)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:56:00 -0600 (MDT)
Hi Betty

> things are in some of Australia's cohousing communities (or perhaps just
your
> own), in terms of diversity, educational & cultural possibilities.

I only know of 3 coho communities in Australia although I've heard that
there could be 1 or 2 more.  Ours is one of two (the other is in Tasmania
and is built across the road from the only equity based group) that is
mostly Govt funded for people on low incomes.

> interested in having access to a city offering colleges and a Jewish
> community.

I know that Sydney and Melbourne have large established Jewish communities
but I'm not aware of what's available in Perth or elsewhere.  I'm sure a
search on the web would be more useful.

> Are there any websites I could look at, which might also quote some price
> ranges for 2-3 bedroom homes...

I know that around where I live, Hamilton Hill in Perth, it's AUS$100,000 -
200,000.  At the current exchange rate you could do well.  I hope this
website helps:

http://www.propertiesaustralia.com.au/index.cfm?dt=20010406084426

Regards
Robyn Williams