Re: Info for a new group?
From: Shelly Demeo (shelldemeohome.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:44:01 -0600 (MDT)
Hi Clarence--

I started a group in the Hartford area about a year and a half ago...no site yet but that is another issue.

I would recommend that a cohousing group in Columbus Ohio is NEWS.  Try to find out who would be a reporter in your largest paper and start contacting that person, sending information about cohousing, etc. and try to get that person to do a story about your group.

You would be the first cohousing group in Ohio right?  Play that up!  A smart reporter will realize that is a good story.  Mention the recent Boston Globe article (on cohousing in New England..well I know you're not New England but not too far away).

Probably all of the members I have today were brought into my group by a large article in our main paper, the Hartford Courant.

Good luck,

Shelly DeMeo
Greater Hartford Cohousing