Greater Hartford Cohousing's only viable site..
From: Shelly Demeo (shelldemeohome.com)
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 11:07:02 -0600 (MDT)
Hello--

I had a questions for those of you living in cohousing right now.  Do you have regrets about the site you chose?  Do you feel your group had to make sacrifices and let go of that perfect land ideal?  And, if you did made do with the site you had, are you glad you did? Or were you unable to "sell the site" to others.

Our group's only viable piece of land at the moment is a 40 acre parcel of lightly-wooded farmland, abutting a high school in the small Connecticut town of East Granby.  The problem is that the site is about 1/2 a mile from a gun club (some people are nervous about that although it seems well regulated) and the site is close to Bradley International Airport, here in Connecticut.  While planes do not fly over our land, you definitely hear them around and occasionally see one low on the horizon.  The pizza joint in town is called the Landing Zone Pizza House!

Thanks for any advice you could give us as we grapple with this decision.

Shelly DeMeo
Greater Hartford Cohousing