Re: Greater Hartford Cohousing's only viable site..
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesshome.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 15:32:01 -0600 (MDT)
There will always be people who are lost after site selection, as is the
case with every major transition. Just choose something most of the group
can live with.

We have to live with loud rap music in the good weather. For the most part,
I don't hear it anymore. But the same people who have teenagers who play
loud rap "music" also make food that smells delicious all day long. It's a
yin/yang thing. We have everything close by, and I love living in the city.
If you need to locate in a poorer neighborhood, I suggest trying to find one
that, like ours, is stable and has many people who have lived here for a
long time, with an active neighborhood association. Not all poor/working
class neighborhoods are alike. There are gems to be found, if you take off
the "people have to have money to care" blinders that most people who rush
to the suburbs have.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing