Re: Cohousing as a rigorous way to live
From: Hans Tilstra (tilstrasmartchat.net.au)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:05:01 -0600 (MDT)
How often would cohousing feel like a rigorous way to live? Is this the
consequence of aspiring for a cutting edge therapeutic communities with a
cohousing blueprint in second place?

McCamant & Durrett's book seemed more intended to design the traffic flow
for daily "how are you" and "who's cooking tonight?", rather than terse
debates about whether or not common funding should go to spa pools.

Hence my image about the "co" element of cohousing is more akin tositting on
the couch of TV sitcom Friends' Central Perk, with the main infringements
might be to ask someone not to smoke next to me. I would hope that whilst
the development stages would require hard work, the resulting community
would clearly result in savings in time & stress.

Hans