Re: Cohousing as a rigorous way to live
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesshome.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:53:02 -0600 (MDT)
Rigorous for me-I had a long way to go. Maybe not for others. It might be a
bit strong of a word.

It does save time and stress, in many ways. But you have to understand that
you will be in closer quarters with everyone. That means more fun and
sometimes more stress. You deal with issues that you would otherwise sweep
under the carpet, like kids making noise and mess, neighbors planting things
you don't like, etc. If you are the kind of person who refuses to try to
look at things(and yourself) objectively, you will be very frustrated at
having to make decisions with a group of people and not just your nuclear
family.

It's not group therapy; you can always go home and shut the door. But it
requires more of you. Sometimes, it's a picnic, others, not! Overall, my
life is far superior now to what it was before. Far.

The work is not over when you move in-be prepared.
--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing